The church of ST. BARNABAS was erected of stone and flint in 1866; the former parish church was a very small building at Netherton, but it was entirely demolished when the Faccombe church was finished, only the font being retained. The present building has a chancel 17 ft. 6 in. by 15 ft. 6 in. with a north vestry, nave 52 ft. by 21 ft. 2 in., south porch and a more recently completed tower 9 ft. square inside. The style is that of the 14th century. The tower is of two stages; the bell-chamber is lighted to the south by a two-light traceried window and on the other three sides by quatrefoils. In it hang two modern bells.
The font bowl is of 12th-century workmanship; it is round with sloping sides carved with zigzag and two twisted roll moulds; the iron staples which formerly held the cover project from the sides.
Several monuments have been transferred from the old church; on the west wall of the nave is a brass set in a marble frame to Anne wife of Henry Reade and daughter of Sir Thomas Windebanke, kt.'Clerk of the Signet to Queen Elizabeth and to King James that now is.' Her mother was Frances Dymmocke, daughter of Sir Edward Dymmocke, of 'Skeerlsby,' Lincs., the queen's champion. She died in 1624. Over the inscription are the kneeling figures of the lady, her two sons and three daughters. On the south wall adjacent is a marble tablet with an inscription to Henry Reade, 1647. Further east is an inscription on a brass plate to Mrs. Alice Reade, wife of Robert Reade of Linkenholt, daughter and sole heir of Francis Pooley, who died in 1598. A large monument on the west wall has a pompous inscription to Sir Berkeley Lucy, bart., who died in 1759. There are other later monuments.
The plate consists of a silver chalice, undated, and a silver paten of 1720.
The first book of the registers contains baptisms, marriages and burials mixed from 1585 to 1690; the second has baptisms from 1693 to 1795, marriages 1708 to 1754, and burials 1678 to 1794. It will be seen that there is a hiatus in the marriages from 1690 to 1708. The third book has marriages from 1755 to 1812, and the fourth baptisms and burials 1795 to 1812.